COVID-19: HMO Guidance
Do you own an HMO? We have put together a handy letter on HMO guidance and formalities to share with your tenants so that you are both best prepared during the Coronavirus crisis. Please feel free to copy and use this letter.
Your health and safety are our number one priority, so please can we remind you:
- The symptoms of Covid 19 are:
- A cough
- A high temperature, and possibly
- A shortness of breath
If you have any of these symptoms please self-isolate for 7 days if you are single or 14 days of you are part of a family. the 14 days starts from the first day the first person became ill.
- To protect yourself from Covid 19, the guidance is:
- avoiding direct hand contact with your eyes, nose, and mouth
- maintaining good hand hygiene
- avoiding direct contact with people that have a respiratory illness and avoiding using their personal items such as their mobile phone
- covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with disposable tissues and disposing of them in the nearest waste bin after use, and
Wash your hands regularly
- Wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol hand sanitiser before eating and drinking, and after coughing, sneezing and going to the toilet.
- If you are experiencing symptoms and are in self-isolation, please:
- Put a note on your door informing the other residents of your situation.
- Put a note in a communal area if it is safe to do so and no other resident is there
- Stay in your own room
- Maintain strict personal hygiene
- Use only one set of utensils and crockery and wash those separately. Keep those in your room if necessary
- Use only your own set of bathroom items towels, soaps etc.
- Clean the bathroom after use
- Let me know if you contract the virus or are in self-isolation.